The Golf Association of Philadelphia was founded in 1897 by members of the Belmont Golf Association (now Aronimink Golf Club), Merion Cricket Club (now Merion Cricket Club), Philadelphia Country Club and Philadelphia Cricket Club.
The purpose of the Association is simple: to preserve, protect and promote the game of golf. Every GAP activity is designed to do just that.
The organization’s 273 Member Club and 75,000 individual members are spread across the Eastern half of Pennsylvania and parts of New Jersey and Delaware
GAP serves as the local voice of the USGA. It focuses its efforts on preserving golf’s values. The Association exists to help its members enjoy the greatest game of all. Each participant in a GAP event, each club member who has a GAP/USGA Handicap and each Member Club helps provide the support that sustains the Association.