Middletown Country Club
|Golf Professional||Daniel T Hoban Jr.||(215) 757-6951|
|General Manager||Maureen Hill||(215) 757-6951|
|Tee Sheet||Front 9||Back 9||Course|
Middletown Country Club is celebrating more than a century of tradition in historic Langhorne, Pa. Originally founded as the Bucks County Country Club in 1901, the original course was a rudimentary nine-hole course that was located closer to Pine Road (Route 413). The club moved to its current location in 1913. The rolling course layout was designed in 1913 by Scottish architect Alexander Findlay, who designed many courses across the United States, especially in the Phialdelphia area such as Burlington, Coatesville, Medford Lakes, Llanerch and Pittsburgh Field Club. PGA TOUR player-turned architect George Fazio renovated several holes during his years of ownership of the club. Local golf historians will remember that Fazio dueled with Ben Hogan and Lloyd Mangrum in a playoff during the famous 1950 U.S. Open at nearby Merion Golf Club. Originally known as Langhorne Country Club, renovations by Stephen Kay have made the layout play to a challenging 6,217 yards and a par of 69.
To learn more about Middletown’s history, check out the Golf Association of Philadelphia Magazine’s piece on the club’s centennial, which appeared in the Summer 2013 issue.
No Events for this club