How does having availability to play the region’s finest courses sound? Too good to be true? It’s not! Thanks to Member Play Days, all Golf Association of Philadelphia members can experience layouts throughout the Delaware Valley in a relaxed, enjoyable environment. These events are open to all (amateur) members (male/female/Juniors age 14 and older) with a valid GAP/USGA handicap index. Nervous about setting foot in a tournament setting? Fret not. Member Play Days use a net Stableford scoring system. That means once you have met your net limit, you can pick up, so there is no pressure to complete every hole. Grab a few buddies and see the Philadelphia golf sights.
- To bring its “play more golf” vision forward, the Association launched Member Play Days in 2010. Twenty-six courses hosted events that year.
- Eleven facilities — from the Jersey Shore to Schuylkill County and everywhere in between — will host Member Play Day events in 2016.
- White Manor Country Club has hosted the most Member Play Day events (five). Laurel Creek Country Club and The Ridge at Back Brook rank second with four.
- Due to a high demand in entries for Member Play Days, the Association adopted a lottery system in 2013 to determine event participants.
- Forty-five Golf Association of Philadelphia Member Clubs have hosted a Member Play Day event.