The Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf formed as a unified advocate for the well-being of our favorite pastime. Its goal is to serve as golf’s voice throughout the COVID-19 crisis. In doing so, the Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf issued guidelines to ensure a safe and effective reopening of courses. All procedures and restrictions outlined are designed to meet the directives and expectations of the Governor’s Office. GAP continues to provide Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf updates.
- Supporting Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf organizations include the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of Club Managers Association, GAP, Pennsylvania Golf Association, Pennsylvania Golf Course Owners Association, Pennsylvania Association of Golf Course Superintendents, Philadelphia & Vicinity Club Management Association, Philadelphia Club Foundation, Philadelphia PGA Section, Pittsburgh Chapter of the Club Management Association of America, Tri-State Section PGA, Western New York PGA Section and Western Pennsylvania Golf Association.
- When golf shutdown entirely toward the end of March, the Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf addressed FAQs, which were made available on the GAP website.
- The Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf is committed to supporting its constituents by serving as a resource of information and best practices.
- The Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf distributed Back2Golf Social Distancing Guidelines on May 15.
- Maintaining open status is a priority of the Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf. It will continue to provide clarity on a golf-related notices issued by the Office of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf.