It’s a brand-new initiative, so we understand if you don’t know much about it. The GAP Architect Series affords GAP members an opportunity to experience courses crafted by the region’s most notable craftsmen. It includes lunch and golf at venues within an architect’s portfolio. To simplify: William Flynn is the 2021 architect on display. The GAP Architect Series therefore features events at five Flynn courses this year. We’ve built up the GAP Architect Series with hype. Now peek inside their minds, play their masterpieces.
- The GAP Architect Series was originally set to debut in 2020. However, the COVID-19 pandemic forced its postponement to 2021.
- Cost to participate in the GAP Architect Series, which includes entry into all five events, is $1,000 per person. Male and female members of GAP Member Clubs are eligible.
- The GAP Architect Series is expected to become a programming fixture. Potential architectural candidates include Donald Ross, the Fazios (George and Tom) and the Gordons (William and David).
- John Manos, GAP Director of Course Rating, is the brainchild behind the GAP Architect Series.
- Flynn products in the 2021 lineup include Lancaster Country Club (May 27), Eagles Mere Country Club (June 17), Philadelphia Country Club (July 21), Huntingdon Valley Country Club (Aug. 23) and Rolling Green Golf Club (Sept. 13).